Watson-Thomas Funeral Home is deeply rooted in Galesburg and the Knox County Area. J.P. Foley entered the Funeral Business in the late 1800s and in 1926 built the Foley Mortuary on North Broad Street. Upon his death, the mortuary was owned and operated by his son, John Foley until his death in December 1977.
It was at this time that the Watson Family moved to Galesburg and after purchasing the mortuary from the Foley family operated it as Foley-Watson Mortuary until 1988. In 1988, the new Watson Funeral Home was constructed at its present location. In late 2009 John’s longtime employee Mark Thomas and his wife Tricia purchased the funeral home from John and Peg. In August, 2012 the business was renamed Watson-Thomas Funeral Home.
Our current site was selected for its serene setting and neighborhood surroundings. Spacious grounds, ample parking, and the fact we are 100% ADA compliant make it one of the most accessible funeral homes in Western Illinois.